High Performance MPS technology combined with the versatility of many search coil options make the GPX 5000 a favorite for serious prospectors.
MPS (Multi Period Sensing) is Minelab’s advanced Pulse Induction (PI) technology that transmits pulses of different time periods. MPS also samples the receive signal at multiple time periods allowing target signals and ground signals to be separated. This effectively removes the ground signal from even the most highly mineralised ground while still being sensitive to both small and deep gold. This achieves superior depth in extremely mineralised ground.
Minelab GPX 5000 Metal Detector Specifications:
- Application: Gold Prospecting & Deep Relic
- Technology: MPS, DVT & SETA
- Frequency/Transmission: Bi-Level, Advanced Pulse Induction
- Coil (standard): 11″ Round Double-D plus 15 x 12-inch Monoloop.
- Audio Output: 6.35mm (1/4″) headphone/speaker jack.
- Headphones Supplied: Koss 100 ohm headphones.
- Visual Display: 64 x 128 pixels, transflective with white backlight.
- Backlight: Yes with adjustable automatic ‘time-out’.
- Product ID: 23149
- USB Connectivity: –
- Memory: Setting changes saved automatically and remain until changed or reset. Factory Presets can be restored on start-up.
- Depth Indication: –
- Detect Modes: General, Deep, Hi-Mineral, Patch, Hi-Trash & Pinpoint (all user programmable)
- Discrimination: Iron Reject: range 1 to 10 & Off (All Metal).
- Timings: Normal, Sensitive Extra, Enhance, Sharp, Sensitive Smooth, Coin/Relic, Salt/Gold & Fine Gold.
- Audio tone: Variable Control 1 to 100.
- Audio Type: Quiet, Normal, Deep & Boost.
- Ground Balance: Automatic Ground Balance, Fixed & Tracking: Slow, Medium & Fast. Quick-Trak button.
- Ground Balance Type: General, Specific & Ground Balance Off.
- Trash Density: –
- Pinpoint: –
- Sensitivity Adjust: Rx Gain 1 to 20.
- Tune / Noise Cancel: Automatic & Manual 0 to 255.
- Threshold: Adjustable turn control.
- Target Volume Adjust: Target Volume 1 to 20. Volume Limit 1 to 20.
- Battery: Lithium-ion rechargeable battery 68Wh with in-built amplifier for speaker use. Approx. 12 Hours use. Supplied with mains and vehicle charger.
- Low battery alert: Audio alert.
- Length: 1100mm (43.3”) à 1300mm (51.2”).
- Weight: 2.4kg (5.3lbs) including 11” coil (excluding battery and accessories). Battery weight 780g (1.7lbs).
- Warranty: 3 years control box & coil.